Sunday, April 12, 2009

Am I A Right-wing Extremist?

I don't think so. But whatever. Here's Kevin's take on it over at The Smallist Minority:

http://smallestminority.blogspot.com/2009/04/but-what-if-your-loyalty-is-to.html

But What if Your Loyalty is to the Constitution?

I guess it makes you a potential Rightwing Extremist.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
They missed the single biggest group out there: those of us who aren't anti-government, we just want our elected and appointed officials to do what they swear to do upon taking their offices: uphold and defend The Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic. As one ARFCOMmer put it:

This "homeland" shit that suddenly started up in the last couple years pisses me off. It reeks of the "fatherland" and "motherland" propaganda shit our enemies used throughout the 20th century. The Nazi regime was "father" to the German people. The Soviet regime was "mother" to the Russian people.

I don't need the government to be my big brother, my parent, my nanny, or my caretaker. It needs to maintain public services (roads, etc.), maintain foreign relations and the military, keep the states from squabbling, and stay the fuck out of my life.

AMEN!

This desire, apparently, makes us "antigovernment rightwing extremists."

So be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment