Monday, May 18, 2009

NEW RIFLE FROM RUGER: SR-556

Yes! I do want one of these:


A new AR platform from Ruger.

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/FAProdView?model=5902&return=Y

Yes, they are late to the party.
No, it is not revolutionary.
It IS piston operated (op rod)! Like the HK MR223.
It DOES weigh slightly less than the 'other' op rod AR. (7.9lbs. vs. 8.5lbs.)
It DOES cost less than the 'other' op rod AR. ( $1995 vs. a rumored $3500)
And as has been said in other forums, Ruger does not hate you and think you suck.
Yes, this will be a 'wait and see' proposition.
But in my humble opinion, I think it looks promising.
And if I were to able to afford any AR right now, I'd go for this one.


Sidebar: I know Barrett makes the REC7 for MSRP of $2399, but as far as I know it is only available in 6.8 SPC.

No comments:

Post a Comment