Saturday, March 21, 2009

Keep Your Powder Dry

I found this through the Rottt: http://nicedoggie.net/2009/

And now for your reading enjoyment and without further comment:

http://kendersmusings.blogspot.com/2009/03/keep-your-powder-dry.html


Keep Your Powder Dry

The shot heard round the world
Led to freedom ringing clear
We've kept the fire burning bright
For two hundred plus years
Now the tide has turned agin us
Our freedom is being sold
Where is the courage we once had
The patriots so bold?
A once great country gasps her last
She withers in the field
While government as cancer grows
Lady Liberty does yield
So is this it? oh shall we quit?
Should freedom fade away?
Is this the final curtain call
Has freedom seen its day?
HELL NO I say as I rise up
My rifle in my hand
I'll not lose my liberty
I'll not lose my land
So stand with me brave patriots
Against the rushing tide
No longer shall we silent stand
No longer will we hide
No longer will their words hold sway
No longer will they steal
The freedom God has given us
No longer will we yield
We stand atop the parapets
Our trumpets blowing loud
To spread the truth of Freedoms Call
Throughout the gathering crowd
Grab your coat, pick up your gun
Take up the battle cry
Be ready for the coming war
And keep your powder dry

Kender MacGowan
3-18-2009

No comments:

Post a Comment